- Air mattress/cot & pillow
- Sleeping bag or sheets and a blanket
- Medications ***These must remain in original containers, do not use pill organizer containers or baggies.
- Towel, washcloth, & flip-flops for showering
- Sunscreen & Bug Spray
- Work clothes for 4 days that can get destroyed by mud, paint, etc.
- Sturdy shoes or boots that are close-toed
- Long pants/Jeans (some project sites require this)
- Girls: At least one pair of capris or shorts that are knee-length (some project sites require this if you don’t want to wear long pants)
- Work gloves
- Cap or hat
- No “spaghetti straps” will be allowed.
- Jacket or sweatshirt
- Appropriate swimwear/swimsuit (modest 1-piece for girls) and a beach towel for the pool
- Water bottle
- Bible, notebook, and pen
- Spending money ($20+)
- Two snacks (chips,nabs,cookies,fruit etc) and packs of small Gatorade bottles to use for bag lunches & afternoon snacks
- Diapers (sizes Newborn, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5) and/or wipes to donate to AVA Care
- Something to donate to The Secret Boutique
- o Secret Boutique Donation Options: New or gently used fashionable clothing for middle- and high-school students. Shoes. Jackets. New underwear and socks. New, unopened personal care products (shampoo, conditioner, body wash, styling products, shave gel, razors, toothbrushes, hair brushes and combs, feminine care products, hair accessories, nail polish and remover. Ethnic hair care products, etc. New school supplies —specific to middle/high school (college ruled filler paper, single-subject note books, pocketed and tabbed dividers, 3-inch binders, 2-inch binders, index cards, highlighters, mechanical pencils, pens, scientific calculators, backpacks, etc.).
What Stuff Should I Leave at Home?
- Electronic games
- Weapons of mass or minor destruction
- Negative or bad attitudes
Check-in: 6:00pm, Sunday, June 9
Check-out: 12:00 noon, Friday, June 14